Su Jia Tun

Su Jia Tun
Su Jia Tun

Monday, September 6, 2010

Lost my keys in a post office today.
How many times have I lost my keys in the last week? Well maybe I won't say because it might be too embarassing.
Moving on to the other moments that are teaching me how to be adaptable to the "new" factor.
"What is a Learning Journey?", mmmmm and the teacher's answer is, " A journey of learning for parents", and what for it, " It was in the newsletter." Hee Hee Uh???
For those who are wondering what a Learning Journey is it's an Open House and we needed to subscribe to the newsletter which comes automatically to your email. That is, of course, if you have subscribed to it. I am beginning to understand what it means to be the new parents in town.
Can you imagine a place where the teacher's completley rearrange thier schedules so that all kids can go to 45 minute swim lessons everyday for two weeks?
Not only that but the kids walk to the classes. The Americans out there will understand my complete amazment at this. Seriously there days where I feel like Dorothy in Oz but no one gave me Ruby Slippers.
When did I start driving to work everyday and isn't it funny how so many of the people around me take this simple action for granted?
I can buy donuts EVERYDAY!
There is a DISHWASHER in the kitchen!
I can buy fresh pizza bases at the supermarket WHENEVER and they cost the same as if I made them from scratch. MMMmmm
Highlight of the week was the Wanneroo Markets which is like a little Wu Ai Jie with stuff and produce. It is even full of chinese people. Made me feel like maybe I found little Ruby Flip-Flops instead which were quite nice.

2 comments:

  1. This was a really cute post, Christa! I love your ruby flip-flops--you are in the land of Oz! :)

    Today, we had fellowship at the Duncan's. The last time I was there was when you were there too. It made me a little homesick for your hospitality...your coffee maker serviced us well. :)

    How are your boys transitioning to their new country and school? How about Darren and his new job? Curious to hear about how your troops are doing! :)

    So...question. If you are Dorothy in Oz land, does that make Darren the Tin Man, Eli the Lion, and Ethan the Scarecrow? lol

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss my coffee maker! Not as much as you guys though. Darren as the tin man is perfect. I think Eli would love being the lion, but I wonder how Ethan would feel about being the scarecrow.

    ReplyDelete