Su Jia Tun

Su Jia Tun
Su Jia Tun

Friday, October 1, 2010

The good, the bad and the mmmmmm???

Well, what to say? It's been awhile and not because there hasn't been anything to talk about but more because I have been so busy working at a full time job that I love but that also wears me the heck out. I reach the end of the day and just really want to sit in front of the T.V. like a zombie.
I spent the first month at my job feeling completely underwater and the next one freaking out because now I was on my own and now today feeling mmmm???, well...better. This is is probably exactly what everyone was trying to tell me would happen but which I wasn't sure actually would.
Today was walk to work day so what did I do? Tick tock tick tock tick tock... Times up! I drove and thanked my stars and the Australian obsession with living a healthy lifestyle that I got to work in 45 minutes. HA! Suckers who fell for a "Walk to Work Day".
Well ok that may not say very much about me but first of all I am American and therefore have no obsession with living a healthy lifestyle. Furthermore it would take me an entire day to walk to work.
What I did not realize and what was pointed out to me by the lovely announcers on my radio station, ( yes when you drive 45 minutes each way everyday to work and back you quickly pick a radio station whether you only been here 3 months or not), I could have walked to the train station. Oops!
So I went for an hour long walk at lunch and made up for my slothfulness. And while I walked I looked at these palatial houses and thought,"I bet there are people in these houses that are unhappy and can't even appreciate that they come down every night to these beautiful houses in the old brick neighborhood with their beautiful flowers and lawns". Then I realized that this very same country produces the people who buy into a walk to work day. They also let people in before them, even in a traffic jam where they have been stuck for an hour. They have a government that is seriously considering a carbon tax and the current gov. leadership is actually saying they will do this.
Then I thought about how my Chinese friends would react these houses and neighborhoods where you don't see anyone for 15 or 20 minutes at a time and where only two people live in a house that is really more than adequate for 20. I think about the chatty taxi drivers in China, the way people would fight over the bill with their friends, and the delicious food. Ok, maybe the food was beside the point.
So in the end I think if I could successfully mix together the Chinese, American, Native American, and Australian cultural strengths and make one culture with all those then that would be pretty good and maybe I should really try to do that.
Probably that was what God meant for the world to be like only with all the different strengths of all the different cultures.
All that makes me think mmmmm????... I have now walked too far and it's going to, by accident, take me far longer to walk back all the way I came. Hence the hour long walk. See you thought I was purposely healthy there for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment