Su Jia Tun

Su Jia Tun
Su Jia Tun

Monday, August 23, 2010


More important than the 30 second answer to, "How was China?", is the 30 second answer to,"How are you adjusting to _____?". I know we asked people that all the time when they moved to China and the thing is they seemed to have the answer but I fumble around for a minute trying to figure out what to say. So how about it, those who have done this before, what is the answer to that question when you move back?
My answer is usually the thing I just accomplished that was on my to do list for things I needed to do to settle in. Well...I got my license. Well... I have a job. As long as they don't ask what the job is we are doing well because it is equally hard to explain. Well...all our boxes have arrived. The thing is I am not sure that answers the question of how we, as a family, are adjusting to life in a strange new land.

No comments:

Post a Comment