Su Jia Tun

Su Jia Tun
Su Jia Tun

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

More funny times

Today's Oops
1."Oh I bumped into you!", "Oops and you!"..."Ohhhhhhh I am on the wrong side of the walkway in the middle of the mall. I should be on the left side!!!"Apparently each country, without knowing, walks on the same side of a path that they would take if they were driving down the street. To make this worse I didn't even realize I had bumped into people until they looked at me with disgruntled eyes.
2. I still stare at foreigners, shush don't tell. By the way define foreigners as Western Europeans, although I stare at Asians too cause I am so happy to see them.
3. I "tapped" my phone very aggressively today. Don't worry it's ok and it's learned how far it can push me.
4. One way I have adjusted was I was trying to search for my parent's State's side zip code today and kept on typing in postal code.Before you know I am saying nappy for diaper and it's all downhill from there.
5. I backed away from someone when I was thought perhaps I was standing too close to them today and then they looked at me and I thought, "Uh Oh now they think I think they smell bad or something." No way to win on this one.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read your posts after you've lived there longer and you don't even know your vocab has changed until someone comments, "Christa, what's a jumper?" =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm too true. I just posted about the fact I have forgotten what my English sounds like. How is that even possible. I seem to be operating under the delusion that I speak with an Australian accent. The only thing that keeps me from really believing it is all the,"Well that's a lovely little accent where do you come from?", questions I get.

    ReplyDelete