Su Jia Tun

Su Jia Tun
Su Jia Tun

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

From China to Australia

Our family moved from China, (where we lived for 11 years), back/to Australia in June 2010. It depends on which member of our family you are whether you moved to or back to Australia. My husband is Australia and so of course Perth, where we live now, is his hometown. I am American and although I have visited Australia fairly frequently, it's still obviously a huge change for me.
I moved to Shenyang, China in 1999 and started work for an awesome school. Ask me about it! I loved it so much I stayed at that school for the next 11 years. My husband moved to China from Australia in 1998 and started work for a university teaching business subjects and business English. We eventually met and got married, in Shenyang, 6 months later. We are both very decisive people and we both love Shenyang.
My husband quickly realized how awesome the school I was working for was and decided to work for them. Shortly after I got pregnant. Very shortly after, about 6 months after we got married I got pregnant. After a lot of though we decided to give birth to our firstborn in a Chinese hospital. Our child was to be delivered by an terrific foreign Dr. we know. It went very well and so we decided to have our second child there as well.
So Shenyang was our home in a lot of ways. As a child who moved a lot, it was the longest I lived in any one place. It was time for us to leave though and so the transitions had to begin. We have now landed firmly in Australia, thanks to our family and friends. This blog is hopefully a chance to record our experiences in transition for ourselves, for our family, and for others who might find it useful as they get ready to make their own transitions. I hope to add resources and hints and posts from friends who have good information as I get it and hope if you read this and have tips and thoughts you will add them or send them to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment